MissionThe position consists in assisting the 5 portfolio managers in the 2 different businesses contemplated in Hong Kong. Being an early hire in the platform development, the position is also expected to progress from initial (“start-up phase”) one-off duties to more organized asset-management assistance work (“run phase”) as the business develops.
Since the team will only be made up of non-French speaking staff, the role will consist in helping the team to better coordinate with Paris-based teams especially on risk, operations and reporting issues.
Start-up phase duties will consist amongst other things of:
• Participating to the operational set-up of the activity (adapting regional constraints to risk/booking and reporting systems)
• Assist portfolio managers in the administrative set-up of investment vehicles (commingled fund on infra regional, separate managed accounts or single-investor funds on mono-sourcing)
• Assist portfolio managers in handling investment files
• Assist portfolio manager in preparing investment reports and funds reporting
• Assist portfolio managers in handling relationships and day to day issue with internal or external service providers
• Participate to the monitoring of funds (investments, cash positions, hedging, valuations, capital calls and amortizations….)
• The position is aimed to be filled by a “VIE” (post-graduate from engineering, business school, or finance university), master degree preferable.
• Candidate must benefit from a good educational background in finance, preferably in credit or project finance, sound knowledge in accounting and some proficiency with legal issues.
• A previous professional experience in assisting banking or portfolio management will be a plus.
• A very good proficiency in English is necessary as well as French.
• Interpersonal skills must include rigor, motivation and capacity to work in a team, excellent communication skills (both in writing and verbal), autonomy, initiative and adaptability to a changing environment, as the small size of the set-up and its expected development will require handling multiple tasks.
• Lastly, full proficiency in Excel and other Office software will be required. Additional training on internal booking and management systems will be provided.
This position is only opened to the candidates who are eligible to the Business France V.I.E program :
- You are French or European citizens
- your age is between 18 and 28 years old
- You are not a citizen of the assignment country
- you are graduated